Thursday 6 November 2008

Muzak Pimping: Sikth


Much like my beloved 'Rueben', 'Sikth' were a band that blew my mind from which i never recovered.  Loved by many, caused confusion among the rest, 'Sikth' are a metal band like no other, mixing poems with dark riffs.  I can honestly say ive never heard a song end with a 'Beavis & Butthead' style 'Cornholio' rant until 'Sikth' (See the song 'Suffice')!  Unfortunately like all great British bands they only lasted 2 albums and a few EP's, and sadly their music videos were cack, the one below is 1 of possibly 2 proper music videos they had (the others were comprised of live footage).  I was lucky enough to catch them a few times in TJ's and in Glamorgan on their last tour, i don't expext everyone who reads this and checks them out to feel my love for 'Sikth', their an acquired taste for sure, but they will always be at the top of my 'Best Bands Ever' pile, if only for the reason that my late friend Ben Pugh got me into them all those years ago.












^_^

No comments: